Take The Strike Out Straws Pledge
Humans around the world use 500 million straws daily. Once discarded, single use plastic straws — which are made from petroleum — take 200 years or more to break down, adding to plastic debris in our landfills and the plastic already covering one-third of our oceans.
Join EarthX as we turn awareness into action. Become a hero for our planet. Learn how you can help. Receive discounts on eco-friendly products.
Once you’ve taken the Strike Out Straws Pledge, take your pledge further
- Share the pledge and your success stories on social media.
- Talk to your teachers, parents, and friends.
- Talk to your business associates and customers.
- Take advantage of discounts on reusable straws.
- Visit our partner businesses that have pledged to reduce plastic straw use.
- Become an EarthX SOS partner, vendor, exhibitor.
PLEASE VISIT THESE RESTAURANTS & HOTELS THAT HAVE PLEDGED TO STRIKE OUT STRAWS
Use the EarthX codes below to receive valuable discounts from these EarthX Vendor Partners and Exhibitors that have taken the pledge further:
THANKS TO OUR COMMUNITY PARTNERS, VENDORS AND BUSINESSES THAT HAVE PLEDGED TO STRIKE OUT STRAWS BY YEAR END
- Agencia Verde
- The Alliance – Dallas Local 2260 of The American Federation of Teachers
- American Prairie Corridor
- Beyond 130 Marketing
- Big Thought
- Blue water Entertainment Inc
- City of Grand Prairie
- Circle Terra
- City of Fort Worth
- Dallas Zoo
- Dream Big With Sherri
- Douglas Systems
- Global Green
- Helping Hands
- Meraki Project
- Mercado Cero
- Natalie Forest International
- One More Generation
- Philadelphia Environmental Film Festival
- Spalding Marketing Solutions,Inc.
- The Last Straw
- The MiraLite Group LLC
- Uncompromised Taste
- Window To The Wild, Inc.
Facts and Resources
According to the Plastic Pollution Coalition – over 300 million pounds of plastic are produced each year and an estimated 5 trillion plastic particles are already floating at the ocean’s surface. The plastic is not biodegradable and it is estimated that in the U.S. alone over 500 million plastic straws are used and disposed of daily. Plastic has been proven to be toxic to people, animals, sea-life and our environment. Studies estimate 1 million sea birds, 100,000 mammals and countless fish are killed every year from plastic.
6,263,319 straws and stirrers have been collected at beach clean-up events over the past 25 years. While discontinuing use of plastic straws will not remove the damage caused to our oceans, it is an easy step in the right direction!
Strike Out Straws in the News:
DFW Restaurant Week
Edible Dallas & Fort Worth
Share the facts
- We use 500 million plastic straws EVERYDAY in the U.S. alone.
- By 2050, there may be more plastic in the ocean than fish.
- 8 million tons of plastic is dumped in the oceans annually.
SIGN THE PLEDGE TO STRIKE OUT STRAWS
and agree to stop using single-use plastic straws